Property Insurance Program

Property insurance covers loss or damage to physical assets owned by your water supply system.

About the Coverage

Property insurance covers loss or damage to your physical assets such as buildings, reservoirs, office contents, equipment, tools and stock. Certain assets are excluded from coverage, such as land and underground services. Property can be covered which is located on owned premises, other locations or in transit. Particular attention needs to be paid to the valuation of the property, which may be done on the basis of actual cash value or replacement cost.

How to Apply

  1. Become a Registered User: Become a Registered User
  2. Complete your water system profile: Water System Profile
  3. Go to: Applications and Enquiries.

Follow these steps to join the program:

  1. If you are:
    • Already a Registered User: If you are already a Registered User then go to Program Applications & Enquiries and click the link for the Property Insurance coverage.
    • Not yet a Registered User: You first become a SIS Registered User by completing the SIS User Registration Form. You then complete your Water System Profile: do this by logging into your Registered User account and clicking on the Add Water System link. Once you have registered your water supply system, click the link for the Property Insurance coverage.
  2. You will be presented with an email template which includes the contact information you have provided.
  3. Please check the details and if correct press SEND. The email will be sent to an experienced insurance representative and you will be contacted shortly thereafter.

If you have any questions about this program, please contact our Industry Partners below:

Marlee Pateman, CAIB (HONS),RIBO 
Commercial Risk Advisor

T 250 869 3914  TF 1 800 670 1877


100 - 1500 Hardy Street
Kelowan BC V1Y 8H2


This page contains general information only and is intended to provide an overview of the insurance coverage. This information is not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. Please consult our Industry Partners for more information.